Well, the title of this post is not strictly accurate. I do have have a few vices left including a propensity for copious amounts of profane language. This is mostly aimed at TV quiz show contestants who really should know a few things before applying to compete and any driver who I think is not as adept as me. That would be most of them because you are a driving god - Ed.
I know that Sir Walter went to a lot of trouble to bring it over from what is now Trumpland, but, after 40 years, I have stopped smoking tobacco. The story has already been described here by Mrs B. The abridged version boils down to the fact that I have not had a smoke since November 10th last year when I had an unplanned trip to hospital. Although it has turned out to be pneumonia rather than anything more sinister (this was only really confirmed last week), I came to the conclusion that I had being playing the percentages long enough. There was also a bit of "guidance" from Mrs B and Numbers One, Two and Three Sons. However, I like smoking and, despite coughing my spleen and various other internal organs up, I was missing it.
So I got this
![]() | ||||
Anyway, back to work tomorrow - i can't wait.


A briar pipe immediately confers wisdom on a chap. It should be regulation issue to all quiz show contestants. Good work - I gave up last Century and don't miss it at all now.
ReplyDeleteI've never been a smoker - everyone else did, when I was in my teens, which was enough reason not to. But I'd like to look intelligent. Glad you're recovered now.
ReplyDeleteDitto what Rog said... and still miss it a bit-usually in the evenings. Still - Doctor's orders (enforced by Matron.
ReplyDelete