The other day, I reached 72.85% of my alloted span on this mortal coil (I'm not going to tell you - do the maths). Best wishes arrived in a mixture of hard and soft copies from Numbers 1,2 and 3 sons.
On the way home last night, my phone rang. Not wanting to answer it while I was driving (Number 2 son being a copper), I ignored it. It rang again, and again. On arrival at the Bear Cave, I looked at it. 3 missed calls from Number 1 son. Must be urgent, I thought. Rang him back.
"Get your bike gear on, I'm back and I want to go for a ride." he said. I told him that I would be ready by the time he got to the Bear Cave.
I then sent a text to the Small Bear (who was still at work) explaining what I was planning and would she like us to wait so that she could come.
Bike gear was donned, bike unlocked and uncovered, bike was started and neighbours offended. The Smaller Bear was installed on the back of the bike and off we went. Number 1 son has a sports bike, so any ride out with him is like a hippo and a cheetah going for a walk together.
We rocked up later at a pub. "I suppose that I'm buying again?" Said I. "You get the drinks and I'll buy the food." He said. Result!
So there you go, investment in your offspring does pay dividends. Bless him, he's off to Ibiza today for a well earned break.
Facebook Marketplace and the 32-Inch Waist
11 hours ago

You don't look 51 you young whippersnapper!
ReplyDeleteRog - You did the maths, I am impressed (I am at an impressionable age). I have to agree, I don't look it. Having a downhill paper round as a youth probably helped.
ReplyDeleteGrown-up children make it all worthwhile. Belated happy birthday, dear young Sir B.
ReplyDeleteZ - Thank you for the "young". Not entirely accurate, but appreciated none the less! I didn't mention in the blog, but Number 1 son told me off for speeding while we out. How's that for role reversal?
ReplyDelete