Wednesday, 30 June 2010

Le Follie?

I fell across this whilst frittering away my lunch break at work today. I consider this to be yet another example how the French do things just because they can. Other examples that spring to mind are the Arc de Triomphe and, more recently, the Milau Bridge. I haven't really got too much to say about this, but I felt that it was worthy of a mention. It certainly impressed me. However, I am at that impressionable age.

5 comments:

  1. Huh! Tony Robinson and his weirdly dressed team could do it in TROIS JOURS!!!

    So it's THIS upside down from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not impressed then, Rog? I should also have mentioned that magnificent edifice, Le Grand Arc de la Defense

    ReplyDelete
  3. La Grande Arche de la Défense is my favourite example of French showing off. Who else would build a giant cube with lifts going to the top to celebrate 200 years of being a republic?

    Vive la difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say, something like that would be a good project once my wall is finished. What do you reckon? You make the bricks, Rog slake the lime and Liz and I shiver the timbers or whatever one does with green oak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new medieval castle? Only in America. Or France.

    ReplyDelete