We haven't been to the cinema for ages. In fact, I can't remember what we saw last time we went. It wasn't a silent movie, before anyone suggests it.
Both of us are Johnny Depp fans, albeit for different reasons. So. on Sunday afternoon we decided to go and see Dark Shadows at the great Cineworld multiplex in downtown Ippy.
I now remember why we hadn't been for a while. What a rip-off. The film was fun, but the cinematic experience left a fair bit to be desired. The air conditioning wasn't working. We were half an hour into the film before one of the trolls who masquerade as staff remembered to turn the lights off. We got charged evening rates even though it was before 5 pm (sadly, I didn't catch on to this until we were home).
All-in-all, my advice would be to buy the DVD. Even if you throw it away after watching it once, you'll still be better off once you take parking and exorbitant entrance fees into account.
Oh, and you won't have to sit in a warm fug of armpit and fart stench with the rustles and grunts from your fellow viewers that do nothing to enhance the film soundtrack.
Facebook Marketplace and the 32-Inch Waist
11 hours ago

I recommend a flight to India. I watched three films each way in perfect peace and quiet whilst most of my fellow-passengers slept.
ReplyDeleteI would think Z sometimes has to sit through Russels in the cinema.
ReplyDelete