Some more works have been carried out on the Bearston le Wold branch line. In no particular order, here they are:
The class 108 DMU now has some passengers waiting on the station.
The parish church of St Damien in the background as the 10:43 for Upper Bearston rumbles past.
Class 3M waits for orders in the background whilst the class 04 shunter takes on diesel at the refuelling point
Class 24 "Ratty" trundles past the cow pasture
A row of cottages has now appeared on Station Lane. Garden detail is courtesy of the Smaller Bear. On the left are the latest additions to the livestock at Grumps Farm
The local bus service struggles up the hill past the grazing sheep.
No animals were harmed in the making of this report (although there was some gold standard swearing from the Larger Bear at some of the more fiddly jobs). Apologies, the pictures are not as sharp as I would have liked.






They are marvellous pictures. Sir B, you are a Master Stationmaster!
ReplyDeleteThe phrase, "Fat Controller" has been mentioned.
ReplyDeleteIt's a different Wold! Lovely!
ReplyDeleteDon't replace the station with a portakabin will you...
Rog - Have no fear, this is set in era when the word, "Portacabin" was unheard of.
ReplyDeleteLovely work, Sir B. And very satisfying to do, I should think. You inspire me to go and get on with making a small silver escutcheon missing from one of a pair of pocket pistols - job I've been putting off a bit. Still, the other one is still present, so I've got something to copy. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteMike - I'm flattered that you found inspiration in my humble efforts. We never did the breakfast thing, did we? Must give thought to re-planning that!
ReplyDelete