Well, it is that time of the year again. I thought that I would compose a brief missive, given that I have been extrordinarily lax of late.
I have to admit that I have not been caught out by the sudden arrival of this forthcoming festival. This is because the warning signs have been there since the end of September. Only the most obtuse could have missed them. Crackers and mince pies have been on the supermarket shelves for some weeks. I don't have a huge issue with this as I am rather partial to a mince pie, in fact any food with the word "pie" in the name is ok by me. Christmas "music" has been played at me in shops since the end of October and harrassed looking parents have been searching for that must have merry festive death ray gun for their little darlings.. Decorations have appeared before the last firework was let off for Bonfire Week. Digressing just a little, that must be the only time that the public can detonate expolosives in their back gardens without fear of terrorism charges. Finally, to remove any possible doubt, our local NCP (thieving bastards) car park has bedecked the barriers with tinsel and put up signs exhorting me to have a "magical festive season". Who do they think I am, a wizard?
Is it me, or does this all start a little too early?
So here it is, merry (Christmas/Saturnalia/Winter Solstice.........................)*
*Delete as applicable or insert preferred name of festival here.
Personally, I will be celebrating Hogswatch.
Facebook Marketplace and the 32-Inch Waist
11 hours ago

Saturnalia always sounds too painful to me. Merry Hogswatch Bears.
ReplyDeleteAny warriors planning to sacrifice a bull to the god Mithras on the 25th?
ReplyDeleteAnyone planning to sacrifice a bull to Mithras on the 25th?
ReplyDeleteHope you have a splendidly festive time, Sir B and Liz
ReplyDeleteZ - Thank you, have a very fine time yourself as well.
ReplyDeleteOh I'm sorry Sir Bruin - I didn't notice you'd posted. Too late to wish you a merry Xday and all the mince pies ran out here.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a great Hogswatch.
Hello Sir Bruin and Lady B. Hope you had a really good.....erm....Festive Season (?) and will have a great New Year. During the early part of which - How about a Hollow Trees breakfast ? Would be good to have a natter.
ReplyDeleteAh, greetings Mike. Have just seen your reply. A breakfast would be good. I'll speak to my social secretary and we'll get something sorted. Happy new year to you and Ann.
ReplyDelete