Saturday, 25 April 2015

Les revenants

 We have returned from a few days in Paris. Regular readers may be aware that we have been before. In fact, we were there last May, as described here .
Anyway, long story short and all that, I bullied convinced Mrs B that we should go back. This time, Number 2 Son (N2) and his girlfriend (GF) came with us as neither of them had been before and I was feeling generous.

Number 2 Son and his good lady
As we had previously visited the usual tourist haunts, we were planning to be guided by the wishes of the young ones. Number 1 on the to do list was the Pompidou Centre. GF is  keen on modern art. Tuesday was our first full day, so off we went. It was closed. Paris museums close on Tuesdays. Bugger.  So we had a bit of a wander about*.

* This actually turned into a bit of an epic hike.

We did manage plenty of cafe stops though. The following images are from the 200 or so that I took:

Mrs B enjoying un chocolat chaud

There are several bridges with locks on. I believe one collapsed under the weight last year/

Arty farty image of fountain outside the Louvre

The same fountain, but less arty

The Louvre Duck. 

We went to see the Arc de Triomphe
 Actually, we were treated to a bit of  a show. A couple of people with more balls than brains decided not to use the underpass to get to the centre (as seen above). There was much honking.

We also visited Montmartre - my favourite part of Paris

On our last day, we finally got to the Pompidou centre. I have to admit that I remain underwhelmed by most modern art. But then, I am a dinosaur.





Clearly, this post has been merely a means of showing off the results from my new camera. I am sure that Mrs B will be providing a much more informative (and readable) account very soon.

On a final note, the following conversation was overheard on the train as we were coming back to Ippy.

1st young woman: "There's a new boutique. I like it, I bet you'd like it an' all. 'ave you bin?"

2nd young woman: "Nah, where is it then?"

1st young woman: "It's on Hainault industrial estate, next to the MOT garage."

I imagine that it does a good line in haute couture boiler suits.

2 comments:

  1. I can't think that Mrs B needed much convincing to agree to a trip to Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey, just realised this post is nearly four weeks old. I have become terribly behind with my blog reading, I do apologise.

    ReplyDelete