Sunday, 2 August 2015

Social Bears

Yesterday, we socialised. Very nice it was too, especially as breakfast of the Full English variety was involved. In the morning we piled into Freddie (Ford Kuga - Freddie Kruger - get it?) and set off for the Great Metropolis that is home to a certain Antiquarian Horologist of our acquaintance. There, we met the aforementioned gentleman, his good lady and the infamous famous Z. Piling the ladies into the back of the car, we then trundled over to Hollow Trees Farm to sample their renowned breakfast. On the way, the conversation turned to cyclists. A group who, shall we say, would not be top of my Christmas list.
Having fed and watered, we were returning to the car when I noticed that a lycra clad road hazard had left his carbon fibre velocipede in the bike rack. Z, who I have always considered to be A Fine Upstanding Pillar of the Community, urged me to let his tyres down. Who would have thought? Needless to say, I declined (only because there were too many witnesses - Ed).
Upon return to the Great metropolis, we were treated to more coffee in most salubrious surroundings. it was a very fine morning. Thanks to all concerned.

It would not be appropriate for me to identify the would be bicycle saboteur. However, she does not have a beard nor is she wearing glasses. Ooh, what a give away!

 Upon taking our leave, Z to an appointment with a septic tank and the Bears to a rendezvous with the Outlaws from Linkyland (Mrs B's parents), we set the controls for the heart of the sun (Pink Floyd reference there) and made our way to Ickworth House.


The Rotunda

Shiny things in the kitchen

View from a window

Chandelier


One of the rooms with people removed - isn't Photoshop marvelous?

The grounds

Shrive light


3 comments:

  1. I'm an anarchist at heart. Few people knew that until now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rather like cyclist. Properly clad ones of the right sort -Vicars, District Nurses, etc. But I cannot stand the ghastly, lycra clad ones (blots on the landscape) and when you do decide to let down the tyres of a lycra clad cyclist, I will, if in
    the vicinity at the time, hold your jacket for you.
    Regards, Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rather like cyclist. Properly clad ones of the right sort -Vicars, District Nurses, etc. But I cannot stand the ghastly, lycra clad ones (blots on the landscape) and when you do decide to let down the tyres of a lycra clad cyclist, I will, if in
    the vicinity at the time, hold your jacket for you.
    Regards, Mike.

    ReplyDelete