I thought that I might share this tale as I am still chuckling over it almost a week after hearing it.
My eldest son is a self - employed stage and event lighting technician. He contracts for a number of national and international production companies and has worked all over the country and, occasionally, Europe.
With work being a bit quiet post - Christmas and with the "Credit Crunch", he contacted a small lighting company in his home town to see if they could use his services.
When they asked if he had any experience, he listed the events that he has worked on. These included:
A mobile phone product launch in Austria, the opening of a large shopping centre in London, the Buck's Fizz reunion tour, Boyzone, Sugarbabes, numerous corporate events and last year's Glastonbury festival.
Armed with this (I think) impressive list, they asked, "Are you a professional?"
"Nah, I'm just doing it for a laugh." he replied.
Needless to say, they didn't offer him any work but he was not too upset about that.
He is a credit to his father, although I cannot imagine where he gets his sarcasm from.
Facebook Marketplace and the 32-Inch Waist
11 hours ago

He is a very witty young man.
ReplyDeleteIt was the Boyzone mention that prompted the question.
ReplyDeleteLiz:
ReplyDeleteHe is indeed. Again, I can't imagine where he gets it from!
Rog:
A good point well made. The boy didn't work on the whole of their tour because he couldn't take more than two nights of it!