This article caught my eye today. Apparently the National Trust are advocating the emptying of bladders onto compost heaps. This practice is intended to improve the composting process and will also help to save the planet by not using water that is treated to drinking standards for flushing toilets.
It seems that we will be going back to chamber pots and trotting down the garden to "Talk to the flowers." as my dad used to say. There is also a growing movement (no pun intended) to encourage piddling in the shower for the same water saving reasons. I always used to get into trouble for that.
One other thing, male piddle is much better for composting than female piddle. It is less acidic. Not sure if any conclusions should be drawn from that fact. However, one up for the lads for having superior wee.
Facebook Marketplace and the 32-Inch Waist
11 hours ago

I have heard that a gentleman weeing in the garden will discourage tom cats from spraying in the vacinity.
ReplyDeleteI wonder what the neighbours would make of that?
A fellow who wees in the garden is surely not a gentleman, whatever the National Trust claims.
ReplyDeleteI find it difficult to reach the heap from my bedroom window. Mrs S has the unfortunate habit of hanging out the washing in between. I mean, is a chap meant to check every time?
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't worry about checking every time, but try to avoid the times when Mrs S is actually hanging the washing out.
ReplyDeleteHusband wees out in the garden and I tell him off. Now I have to praise him... how forward thinking he is.
ReplyDelete