Wednesday, 1 September 2010

The bank is still your enemy

Having spent a frustrating half hour trying to amend a standing order on line and enduring the shite music that they insist on playing at you while on hold to the help(less)line, I feel a bit of a rant coming on.
Despite countless passwords and security numbers that have to be entered before I can get at my onlne account, it would appear that this is not enough. Now, whenever I want to amend anything, I have to enter a further password that arrives by text. Fair enough. So long as I have my mobile with me when I'm online, this is not a problem.
WRONG!
It doesn't bloody work!
I explained to the first chap at the call centre that, despite entering the code, all I was getting was an error mesage when I was trying to amend my standing order. I was then played some more shite music whilst another person was found to help me.

"I understand that you are not getting the text security codes?"

"No, I'm getting the codes, but they don't work. I'm getting an error message when I'm trying to amend my standing order details."

"Oh, you can't amend those details, you have to cancel it and set up a new one."

"But there is a drop-down menu with the option to amend details."

"Yes, I know. I'm afraid that it doesn't work."

"Really? There is nothing on the page that tells me that I can't amend these details, as I said, there is an option that actually allows me to edit them. "

"Yes, I know. There is an error. I'm sorry."

"Thank you for your time. I've lost interest now. I'll leave it as it is, then."


I won't mention who my bank is, but they seem to use a lot of Lego.

2 comments:

  1. Depressingly, the most encouraging remark in that was the actual admission of error. That rarely happens, Except in Monopoly, of course, where you actually gain money from a bank error.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About time you made a post, old chap!

    ReplyDelete