Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Trains are running


As promised, this is the latest progress report on the branch line that is developing in the Bears' Toy Room. I built the base board a couple of weeks ago and installed it in place. There was a slight worry when Mrs Bear announced that it was bigger than she had expected. However, I was able to remind her that I had given her the dimensions for approval. Not my fault that she didn't understand millimetres! For the record, the board is 12mm WPB ply wood topped with cork floor tiles stuck shiny side down.




Wiring is temporary until I am happy with the final result. The track is divided into isolated sections controlled by DPDT switches to allow power from either controller to be allocated to any section. Control panel is also temporary until all the bugs are sorted. At least I am having plenty of opportunity to get my soldering skills up to scratch.


Father Christmas brought me some wagons which can be seen behind the Class 04 shunter that I just had to buy.

The board with the first loop of track laid. Clearly it is not too big!

The latest addition to the loco fleet. It is just over 50 mm long.

Any suggestions for a name for this fictitious branch line location will be gratefully received.

No comments:

Post a Comment