Saturday, 29 June 2013

A Grand Day Out

Every so often, a day comes along that stands head and shoulders above the others. This was one of those.
For this was the day of the third blog meet at the Zeddery. Mrs B and I loaded the trusty steed with cake and headed off towards the edge of the known world. By this I mean the Suffolk border. The A143 is a nice road to ride, despite having to negotiate the A140 to get to it. Even that part was pleasant. In deference to Mrs B, my licence and the cake, I adhered rigidly to posted speed limits. It was still fun though.
We arrived at said Zeddery at lunchtime. At this point, I should apologise to the young man who was having a kip and was rudely awakened by the noisy arrival of the Bears.
It was good to renew acquaintances with some old friends and to meet some new ones for the first time. I apologise to those that I failed to talk to as much as I would have liked.  Maybe they had a lucky escape - Ed. 
The Sage and Z made us most welcome and laid on a stunning array of delicious nosh. The meat pie was to die for. I like pie. The time passed far too quickly, which is always a sign of a good event. Just prior to our departure, I took young Z for a ride on the trusty steed. I have to say that I was totally unaware of her presence on the back of the bike. This is the mark of a good pillion passenger - or that she fell off as I pulled away.
We set off back the Bear Cave just before anyone mentioned doing the washing up and had another pleasant ride.
Having put the steed in the garage, we then watched three motorcycle races that we had recorded - Well done to Scott Redding in the Moto2 and Valentino Rossi and Cal Crutchlow in the Moto GP at Assen today.
We are now watching the Arctic Monkeys from last night's Glastonbury set.

As I said, days like this do not come along too often.

8 comments:

  1. Well, I was a bit of a back seat driver, I kept advising you on where to drive. Thank you so much, I loved the ride and can't think why I've left it so late in life to do something so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressed with the pillioning. I once got on the back of a nutter's bike when I was about 18 and nearly didn't make 19. I'm not implying you're a nutter of course....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir Bruin is a nutter; but not when he is in control of the bike. He's only scared me once and that was only a tiny bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Z - Mrs B apparently says stuff all the time when she's on the bike. This is one of the reasons why I haven't bought an intercom.

    Rog - My nutter days are long gone. Fortunately, I survived them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sir Bruin! A pleasure to meet you, albeit briefly over the weekend. Hats off to you for enriching Z's life experiences; vicious rumour indicates she's tracking down leathers on eBay and has a BSA in her sights. See you next time! Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  6. IR - Good to have met you too. Again, albeit briefly. I noticed that Z had a good source of leather just over her fence. Maybe I shouldn't suggest that....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was definitely a head and shoulders day. Lovely to see you both again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was good to see you both as well. I was especially pleased to meet a fellow pariah.

    ReplyDelete