I once ate three daffodils for a bet. I have since discovered that the bulbs are poisonous, presumably the flowers are not.
I rode a motorbike across a fairway at the local golf club. This was not deliberate vandalism, rather it was born of necessity as I was going too fast to negotiate the bend alongside the course.
Some friends and I were banned from a local pub for playing shove ha'penny. A bit harsh you may think, but the ha'pennies were going right across the bar.
On a trip to a supermarket, I once found myself consistently thwarted in every aisle by old people and their trolleys getting in the way. I sought revenge by slipping random items into their shopping whilst they were looking elsewhere.
Some years ago, I was asked to stand in for my boss to cover the inductions of new inductees. He was to accompany me for one induction and then I would cover the remainder while he was on holiday. Before we met the first group, he explained that I was to welcome them and initiate one of those "Let's go round the room and say a little bit about ourselves" sessions. I was to kick it off and my introductory speech went as follows;
"Good morning and welcome to (name of company), my name is (name deleted for obvious reasons). I have worked here for a number of years and am currently employed as (not going to give this away either). I have held a variety of positions during my time here and at weekends, my name is Mandy."
The expressions on their faces and the deathly hush that followed is something that I will always remember. Surprisingly, my boss was less than impressed.
At this point, I should point out that all of these things happened a long while ago and that I am much more mature and responsible now.
Facebook Marketplace and the 32-Inch Waist
11 hours ago

You're such a scamp, I had no idea. They are brilliant!
ReplyDeleteThank you. I've been called a lot of things in my time, but never a scamp!
ReplyDeleteYou missed the bit out about you wearing a floral print dress for your "Mandy" speech.
ReplyDeleteI once pinched some "Police Aware" tape and put it all over my neighbour's battered Austin Cambridge.
Ah, I thought the dress was going to be our secret. I should add that my boss was livid after that little episode.
ReplyDeleteI'll bear the "Police Aware" thing in mind, it might come in useful sometime.
What a naughty bear!
ReplyDeleteI once sold 'The Big Issue' in Sidmouth. That's not strictly true, as I didn't manage to sell any.
ReplyDeleteI am intrigued, Mike. I may have to get story from you over breakfast in the near future.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you survived the daffodils.
ReplyDeleteSo am I.
ReplyDelete