Monday, 26 January 2009

The High and the Low

This last weekend has been most pleasant despite the persistent precipitation on Sunday. It has, however, had a couple of moments. The high point was on Saturday when I collected my new reading glasses. Now, ordinarily, I would view that as an admission of advancing years and failing faculties. However, having struggled for some several months with arms that were not long enough to hold anything at a comfortable reading distance, I have to admit being able to read the Trivial Pursuit questions for myself is a wonderful thing. I think that the Small Bear was amused by my elation at such a simple thing as being able to see.
Now I come to think of it, the aforementioned Small Bear seems to be constantly laughing at me. I did challenge her once about this. What I got was, “Laughing with you darling!” Hmm, I may have to revisit that topic sometime.
It is probably just as well that she did not see the low point as I was hoovering the Small Bear Cave yesterday. There is always a piece of fluff that refuses to go up the pipe. I think that it must have been three times that I picked this same piece of fluff only to put it down in front of the vacuum again in the hope that it would be sucked up.
This is, possibly, a sign of a failing logic gland. Am I the only one who does this? Please tell me that I am not.

1 comment:

  1. I suspect that the dispensing assistant in the opticians was somewhat taken aback by your declaration of "that's awsome" upon looking through your new glasses for the first time.

    I think putting stuff in front of the hoover is a man thing. If I pick up fluff, I put it into the hoover tube rather than placing it back on the floor.

    ReplyDelete