skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Just pondering
I came across one of those thoughts that you find on calendars today. Normally, I tend to treat these with the same disdain that I treat cold callers and drivers who do not indicate on roundabouts (possible subject for a later rant, there). This particular one struck a bit of a chord with me. It read, "40 is the old age of youth and 50 is the youth of old age". Now, I rather liked that, being at the beginning of the youth of old age myself. Then, I got to thinking (all this in the firm's time), age is sort of irrelevant. It is really just numbers. Yes, I know that my knees pop and bang a bit as I come downstairs and everything is a little lower than it used to be, but I am still me. I haven't become someone else (or something) as the numbers got bigger. So, there you have it, I am still a youth. Albeit with a little more experience.
Forsooth, this is a splendid blog!
ReplyDeleteI am, as you know, more in the old age of youth territory. I like to tell people that age does not matter, unless you are a cheese. Or that I am not 41, but 39 plus postage and packing.
I like to think I'm thirty-something. Or fourteen at heart.
ReplyDeleteMr Farty
ReplyDeleteI suspect that a certain small bear may say that I am more like a 50 year old toddler!
I'm never going to live that comment down, am I?
ReplyDeleteI'm older than everybody here.
ReplyDeleteSo you can all feel good about yourselves.
Feeling good now, Ma'am!
ReplyDelete