Wednesday, 8 April 2009

A Sunday Outing

Last Sunday, the bears decided that it was too nice to sit indoors. Spring was in the air and the Great Outdoors was calling.

A hint of Spring
So, they piled into the Bearmobile and headed for Dedham in the heart of Constable Country. Unfortunately, it turned out that everyone else and his wife had had the same idea. Upon reaching the aforementioned picturesque village, there was nowhere to park. The bears cruised through the village looking cool (difficult in a Toyota Coronary) and then abandoned the idea. So, they went to Flatford instead.

Flatford - not Dedham

Flatford, on the River Stour was also fairly busy. However, there was some space in the car park. They then went for a nice long walk along the river (in the opposite direction to everyone else).
There were some nice views

And some wildlife (Canada Geese, I think)

And even more wildlife (Small Bear)

They then made their way back to the Mill and headed for Ye Olde Tea Shoppe. After refreshing themselves with coffee and bun, the bears wandered off again to see Willy Lott's cottage (he wasn't in).



Willy Lott's Cottage

The bears then went home for tea.

Ok, you've sussed it - this was just an excuse to post more pictures.

8 comments:

  1. Tres Bon Monsieur Bruin. We've done the same walk but I was most concerned about large ruminants.
    Love the forst pic - you can't beat a bit of differential focus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rog:
    We walked the other way (away from the large ruminants), there were only some butterflies to worry about. We did venture across the river and into the cow pats later. Glad you like the pic - I think I'd have got it sharper if I'd not used one of the programmed settings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics, Large Bear. I haven't even taken mine of the camera yet.

    You have been very gallant in not mentioning that our attempts to find a parking space would have been improved if I had consented to travelling by motorbike instead of insisting we go in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed, my lady, it would have been much easier on yon trusty steed. It was lovely weather for a ride as well. However, I will make no mention of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, its a beautiful part of the country. We went there just after Christmas on a cold clear afternoon. You got some great reflections in the water on your photos - obviously a very still day. One of our neighbours runs the Boathouse Restaurant in Dedham. They have rowing boats there in Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely area, smashing pictures. Mention Mundesley in my next blog. Cant wait for summer, very tied up at present. (Why are everyone elses photos better than mine!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. No excuse needed! they are very good photographs.
    I have been through there once, eons ago, but can't comment on it as I forget. Its the little grey cells you know?

    Interesting blog
    Love Granny

    ReplyDelete
  8. GOK and GotW:

    Welcome to mine humble blog. Glad you like the pictures.

    ReplyDelete