Borrowing the meme theme from Dave, here is my offering. Items with no bracketed response are not likely ever to be done by me because I have no interest in them.
I rather like these meme thingies, but they are a bit of a blogging cop out. I will endeavour to come up with something more original soon!
1. Started your own blog (Indeed)
2. Slept under the stars (Many years ago – not giving consideration to repeating the exercise)
3. Played in a band (Several – got some airplay on local radio with one of them)
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower (It was more of a sprinkle than a shower, but, yes)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity (Yes – I should do so again)
7. Been to Disneyland (No - I will give Narnia a miss as well)
8. Climbed a mountain (Does Wansfell Pike count?)
9. Held a praying mantis (Not even held an atheist one)
10. Sang a solo (You are joking! I am to singing as King Herod was to baby sitting)
11. Bungee jumped (No – not sure the blood pressure would stand it)
12. Visited Paris (Going soon – see Ordinary World)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea (Seen a storm over the sea, not been on the sea in one)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (Yes, if you consider photography to be an art)
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning (Oh yes, the memory of coughing at both ends still lingers)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty (No)
18. Grown your own vegetables (Grew some potatoes nearly as big as marbles once)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France (Not yet – see 12)
20. Slept on an overnight train (No)
21. Had a pillow fight (Not for years – suspect a thick ear would ensue if I started one now)
22. Hitch hiked (Hitched around Northern France in my youth)
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (Er no, obviously not)
24. Built a snow fort (When I was young, in the days when we had proper snow)
25. Held a lamb (I used to work on a farm – have held several in order to remove their testicles)
26. Gone skinny dipping (Not yet - not sure that I want to be harpooned)
27. Run a Marathon (If you want to travel that sort of distance – use a motorcycle)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice (This may go on a “To Do” list)
29. Seen a total eclipse (Yes, I was in Scotland at the time. It really fooled the midges)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (I photographed a sunrise this morning)
31. Hit a run (Only at school – can’t do the “running” bit now)
32. Been on a cruise (Again, this may go on the “To Do” list)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person (No)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors (I am adopted, so if I have, it would have been inadvertently)
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (I have enough – that is satisfying)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person (No)
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo's David (No)
41. Sung karaoke (See 10)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt (No)
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant (No, but then again, a stranger hasn’t bought me one either)
44. Visited Africa (not all of it, you understand) (No)
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight (Yes, but I was drunk, so “staggered” would be more apt)
46. Been transported in an ambulance (Unfortunately, yes)
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing (My father took me when I was young – I threw up for the whole trip)
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person (No)
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris (See 19)
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling
52. Kissed in the rain (There was that thunder storm at Centre Parcs, the kissee was not happy about getting wet)
53. Played in the mud (Not recently)
54. Gone to a drive-in theater [sic]
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China (No)
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class (Lol!)
59. Visited Russia (Niet)
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching (Saw my ex wife in a swimming pool once)
63. Got flowers for no reason (I have bought flowers for no reason)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma (Blood)
65. Gone sky diving (Why jump out of a perfectly serviceable aeroplane?)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check [sic]
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy (Unfortunately not)
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial (No)
71. Eaten Caviar (Thought it was over rated)
72. Pieced a quilt (I tried knitting once)
73. Stood in Times Square (No)
74. Toured the Everglades (No)
75. Been fired from a job (Not yet)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London (No)
77. Broken a bone (Not so far)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle (Speeding? Me?)
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person (No)
80. Had a book published
81. Visited the Vatican (No)
82. Bought a brand new car (I bought a brand new motorcycle some years ago)
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper (In the local paper, when I was playing with a band)
85. Read the entire Bible (Not entirely)
86. Visited the White House (No)
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (A pheasant, I didn’t get all the shot out)
88. Had chickenpox (Yes)
89. Saved someone’s life (Not knowingly)
90. Sat on a jury (No)
91. Met someone famous (I also worked in the local theatre, so yes, several)
92. Joined a book club (Years ago)
93. Lost a loved one (Not yet)
94. Had a baby (I had a small part in fathering three)
95. Seen the Alamo in person (No, but I have been in the Cork bar on a Saturday night)
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit (If divorce counts, then, yes)
98. Owned a cell phone (Yes)
99. Been stung by a bee (No, it was a wasp)
100. Read an entire book in one day (Several times)
Facebook Marketplace and the 32-Inch Waist
11 hours ago

Have you not been to Glasgow or Edinburgh? They are 'Amish Communities.
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed you admit to the word "small" in 94.
Good luck with number 12.
Rog:
ReplyDeleteI have driven through Glasgow (possibly the best way to see it) and visited Edinburgh without ever making the 'Amish connection!
Updates re 12 will be forthcoming, i am sure!
Hur, hur, hur.
ReplyDeleteSorry.
I've got too bad a memory to do this one. I had my portrait painted though - it was my wedding present to my husband, which must be the most egotistical thing I've ever done!
ReplyDeleteLiz:
ReplyDeleteWhat a dirty laugh you have, should I call you, "Truckle the Uncivil"?
Z:
I wouldn't let a thing like poor memory put you off - make the answers up, no one will know. Does your husband still have the portrait?