Monday, 2 February 2009

It seemed like a good idea at the time.

The weather men promised us a significant "Weather Event" on Sunday. It would be cold and there would be snow. Now, I have heard ducks fart before. Admittedly, this is usually related to sunshine that fails to show itself. I have always treated weather forecasts with a cheery disdain, I mean, what could they possibly know about it? I used to work on a farm, if it was black over Will's Mothers you knew it was going to be bad.
So, having wined (fat coke) and dined (huge plate of dead cow and vegetables) the small bear at the local hostelry, I suggested that we drive to Walberswick and walk it off. Ignoring the biting wind, we set off. It was snowing a bit at this point. The small bear was distracted by a call on her mobile, otherwise she may have brought some common sense to the situation.
It turned out to be a lengthy call, so we drove through two small blizzards without her really noticing. I am sure she would have said stuff otherwise.

However, we arrived at said small village without incident and slithered into the car park. Hats were donned, cameras were readied and we got out of the car. As we did so, we met a couple returning to theirs. "It's bloody cold", they said. Now, I should have taken the hint at this point. Off we went, my suitable footwear (trainers) fighting for grip on the snow covered mud.


Cold

I cannot remember a time when I have got so cold so quickly (and me a big rufty-tufty docker). The wind chill must have been minus lots. All credit to my Lady Bruin, she bore the discomfort with great stoicism and never an "I told you so" in sight. We must have walked all of 300 yards and took photographs until we could not feel our fingers (about 3 minutes).


Very cold

Sod this!

Anyway, I am now off to check the weather forecast.



P.S. I have just noticed that my lovely Lady Bruin has simultaneously posted on the same subject. Read hers, it doesn't make me look so foolish!

2 comments:

  1. I like your photo's Mr B. You've got better captions than me too.

    I did notice the small blizzards but as my friend on the other end of the line was telling me all about the recent death or her mother, I was in no position to interrupt her. Had I not been on the phone, a WTF conversation would have ensued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz

    Glad you like the pics. Yours are good too (he said in a mutual admiration turn of phrase).
    Sorry I missed out on the WTF conversation!

    ReplyDelete