Friday, 13 February 2009

Here's the Cheese

Right, given the number of cheese references that seem to be in vogue at the moment, here are the Cheesoid's top ten favourite cheeses. Some of my choices could be considered a bit cheesy (alright, they all are!)
No, they are not all British. I curd not omit some of my non-British favourites. No whey!

1) Wensleydale
2) Mature Cheddar
3) Stilton
4) Cornish Nettle Yarg
5) Danish Blue
6) Port Salut
7) Red Leicester
8) Goat's Cheese

9) Applewood Smoked Cheddar
10) Sage Derby

Pass the crackers! So many cheeses - so little time.

7 comments:

  1. Wot, no Roquefort?

    ReplyDelete
  2. erm, I was just about to post a cheese blog, bizarre, I'll stick to trifle...
    coral x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Z:
    Nah, I'm not a huge lover of Roquefort (wasn't he the mouse in the Aristocats?)

    CK:
    Apologies, by a strange coincidence, I was trifling with the idea for a desserts post (see what I did there?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You pick salty old stale sock Danish Blue over Roquefort? I'm bemused. You don't go a bundle on soft cheeses either, with the possible exception of the goat's cheese. Bungay's Thursday market cheese stall has some fabulous hard goat cheeses, both blue and white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have had Mozzarella on there.

    Mmmmmmmmmm. Cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite is the moon. Its such a cheerful sight on a dark winter's night. I can't comment on its taste though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll stick with your blog but I'll desert the trifling (see what I did there?).

    ReplyDelete